Camino Photo Competition Prizes
1st Prize: A prize to the value of R3000
2nd Prize: A prize to the value of R2000
3rd Prize: A prize to the value of R1000
Entry Form Download: Photo Competition Entry Form 2018
Competition Rules Download: Photo_Competition Rules 2018
Please remember to take lots of photos while on your walk or cycling pilgrimage. Our prize values have been increased. This year we will again be accepting digital entries so no excuse, and we will include photos taken on the via Fragencina in Italy. In order to submit photos, you must be a fully paid up member to enter.
- The competition is open to paid up members of the Confraternity of St. James of South Africa (CSJofSA) only.
- Please note that if you did not renew your membership after October 2015 and paid the R100 three year membership fee, your membership has lapsed.
- A total of 13 photographs will be selected for the calendar (1 for each month and 1 for the cover) by an independent panel of judges.
- Participants must use the attached competition entry form to enter.
- A maximum of three photographs per participant may be submitted. The ﬁrst 3 will be entered and the rest discarded.
- All photographs submitted will be deemed the property of the CSJofSA and will not be returned to the participant.
- All photographs submitted must have been taken by the participant or his/her companion, whilst walking any of the Camino routes in Spain, Portugal, France, or the Via Frangicena in Italy between 2010 and 2018.
- Photos to be submitted via email to: Ina du Plessis, firstname.lastname@example.org. With Camino 2018 Photo Competition in the subject line.
- Submit in “Medium 1024 x 768” Preferred format .jpg
- Rename the photo with the following information: Your name and contact number, if you submit more than 1 photo – Photo 1, Photo 2, Photo 3.
- In the body of the e-mail provide us with the date and place where the photograph was taken on the Camino as well as a short description of the scene. As well as Required entry information.
- Should you experience difficulty in renaming or submitting via email you may contact me for assistance.
- The deadline for entries is 15 September 2018. No late entries will be accepted.
- The prize winners and those with photos selected for the calendar will be notified during October/ November 2018.
- Results of the competition, ordering details and cost of the Camino 2019 Calendars will be communicated by e-mail and via the CSJofSA website.
- The winning photographs will be part of the 2019 calendar.
- The judges’ decision will be ﬁnal and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Personal details of participants will only be used in the administration of this competition and will not be published or distributed to any third party without the permission of the photographer.
- Participants must be willing to take part in any competition publicity if asked to do so. The prizes may only be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
- You must supply full details as required above, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize(s). No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- By submitting your photographs to the CSJofSA you agree to grant the CSJofSA free of charge the right to publish and the right to license others to publish the photographs.
- If your photograph features any person or people, they should be aware they were being photographed and permission should be obtained from all involved (or their parents/guardians if under 16) for their photograph to be submitted in a competition. If it is clear that the people are not aware of their picture being taken or are embarrassed in any way in any entry we receive, the CSJofSA holds the right to disqualify the entry.
- Your entry must be entirely your own original work, not defame anybody nor breach any copyright.
- The competition is not open to the Executive Committee (Exco) of the CSJofSA or any persons involved in the running of the competition, or their immediate family members.
- The CSJofSA reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside its control.
- If a winning participant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, the CSJofSA reserves the right to oﬀer the prize to the next best entry.
- The CSJofSA reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of these rules.
Photo Competition Closes 15th September , 2018